Dear Friends and Families of Northside Christian School,
Happy Easter to all of you – He has risen indeed! What a great season to reflect upon all the wonderful things that we’ve experienced this past year at Northside Christian School. It’s been such a gift to be able to keep our campus open and watch enrollment climb despite the challenges of a global pandemic. With the support of our school board, friends, families, staff and faithful substitute teachers, our school has continued to flourish.
PURSUE has been our theme this school year. In our classrooms and during chapel, we are reminded that to pursue something is an action – often a daily choice, and is key to moving forward with intentionality. Pursuit means to continually put in the effort to accomplish or achieve something. It’s the act of reaching beyond mere basic requirements to chase something more profound such as: digging deeper in our learning, building more authentic friendships, serving others and deepening our relationship with our Father God. What a tremendous season of growth it’s been for both our students and staff!
At Northside, our school board and administration have two core ongoing operational pursuits that we’d like to highlight:
- Pursuit #1: Robust Enrollment
- With the 2022-2023 enrollment season winding down, our enrollment is currently at over 100 students and counting.
- Nearly every current student is returning next year.
- We are regularly touring new families who want to take part in Christian education.
- Pursuit #2: Affordable Christian Education
- Our partnership with Way of the Lord Church is key to accomplishing this pursuit. The church supports Northside by providing a low-cost physical location, plus many other tangible resources. Their unwavering support has been essential to keeping our tuition costs significantly lower than other private Christian schools in our community.
- Our commitment to manageable tuition increases: Due to inflation and its effect on operational costs, tuition increases are to be expected in private schools of all kinds across our country, but our school board and administration are committed to keeping these increases minimal, with the clear goal of keeping Northside affordable.
- Scholarships for those in need: There are families who would like their child to have a Christian education, but are in the midst of financial hardship and have a real need for tuition support.
This final point is where you, as the body of Christ, can help! There are many families who we would like to say YES to, but who don’t have the funds to fulfill the entire tuition commitment. To address this need and facilitate people’s generosity, we are launching the Northside Make a Way Scholarship Fund to allow us to provide financial support to those who God is calling to be a part of NCS.
Would you prayerfully consider making a contribution to this compassionate Christian endeavor? And might you know someone else who would like to Make a Way? Donations can be made by check or by clicking the Donate button on our website.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. May God bless you, and thank you again for entrusting your children to Northside Christian School.
Principal, Northside Christian School