In the Loop
Illness Outbreak Plan
We are so grateful for the ongoing health and wellness of the students and staff here at Northside, and for the ability to continue holding classes in-person and on-campus. To date, we have only had 2 students test positive for COVID-19. Both students quarantined for the recommended amount of time and returned to school symptom-free.
As we move into these winter months, we have established an Illness Outbreak Plan that will go into effect tomorrow, November 20th.
- For classrooms that experience a flu-like or strep outbreak in 30% or more of their students, the entire class will be asked to stay home for two full school days. Communication regarding the academic plan for those days will happen per incident should this occur.
- If 30% of the entire school population is experiencing a flu-like or strep outbreak, the entire school will close for two full school days. Communication regarding the academic plan for those days will happen per incident should this occur.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will continue to follow the existing plan that states they are to be quarantined for 10 days following a positive test result.
- Students who have a household member test positive for COVID-19 are to stay home for a minimum of two full school days and must show a negative COVID test result before returning to school.
We appreciate your continued efforts to keep our school healthy!
Due to COVID-19, our annual Thanksgiving week Service Blast will look different this year. Students will still be doing service projects on Monday, Nov 23rd and Tuesday the 24th, but they will be limited in nature and follow safety protocols. If they haven’t already, your student’s teacher will communicate classroom specifics in their newsletters/communications by the end of the week.
There will not be school on Wednesday, Nov 25th – Friday, Nov 27th for Thanksgiving Break. With reports of a rise in reported COVID cases and new recommendations from our Governor regarding types and sizes of gatherings, we ask that you be wise as you enjoy this holiday break.
Christmas Program: Cancellation Update
Due to the most recent recommendations from the MN Department of Health, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our annual Christmas program. Students will continue to prepare their musical numbers, and we are actively looking into alternate ways for our students to share the music from their Christmas program with you.
New Office Email
You are important to us. In an effort to increase our school administration’s responsiveness rate to your questions and suggestions, we have created a new email address we ask you to use from this point forward: email@example.com. Please add this new address to your contacts, and use it as the primary address you use for school-related matters.
Beth and Marjean will still remain available at their personal Northside email addresses in order to answer your questions about your student’s progress in their classes or to discuss other private matters.
Anoka-Hennepin Transportation Reminder
- Nov 16-20: Tuesday-Friday busing
- Nov 23-27: Monday-Tuesday busing only
- Nov 30-Dec 4: Tuesday-Friday busing resumes
- Dec 7-11: Tuesday-Friday busing continues
- Dec 14-18: Tuesday-Friday busing continues
- Dec 21-25: No School
- Dec 28-Jan 1: No School
- Jan 4-8: TBD.
The district reserves the right to change this schedule as the pandemic continues. We will keep you updated as we receive information.
Share Your Northside Photos!
Our yearbook committee is always looking for great pictures of our staff, students and campus. Can you help? Simply download the Skipple app and upload your fun school photos for our yearbook committee to view.
Contact Jen Roufs at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Right Now Media
We are pleased to be able to again offer all Northside families a FREE subscription to Right Now Media, a video library filled with all Christian Content in a format similar to Netflix. To sign up, simply click HERE.